As Canada's leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable.
Through leadership, mentorship, and operational excellence, proactively manage, coordinate and develop all operational aspects of all Warehouse Operations, which is inclusive of trucking, decorating, GEM, woodshop, carpet, inventory, health and safety, and building maintenance. Deliver the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible.
1. Manage departmental overhead costs at or below plan.
2. Manage show costs and warehouse costs at or below plan.
3. Implement established Best Practices and SOP’s.
4. Provide leadership, mentorship, and support for all warehouse workers. Ensure they are meeting commitments to their internal customers.
5. Ensure all inventory is in good working condition and maintained / replaced as necessary – order extra from other GES cities when shortages occur.
6. Ensure compliance with the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of Transportation standards.
7. Manage annual capital and expendable inventory counts to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
8. Manage building maintenance procedures including facility repair, HVAC systems, ADT security, sprinkler / fire maintenance, snow removal and preventative maintenance programs.
9. All other duties assigned by the Branch Manager.
Critical Management Dimensions:
* Must be able to understand how the warehouse effects the on-site product
* Composure under pressure
* Listening, Integrity and Trust
* Make good decisions that benefit both the immediate and long term goals
* Maturity and Leadership
* Ability to work independently and in a group setting
* Encourage teamwork and cooperation between warehouse departments and all other internal clients
* Customer focus
* Tradeshow Industry experience preferred
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Proven leadership/mentorship experience
* Three to five years past experience in an operational environment including managing/supervising labour
* Impeccable attention to detail
* Must have strong computer skills (MS Office, Windows, etc.)
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (905) 283-0551 by July 30, 2017. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.